Thursday, February 25

Help my unbelief!

I have been wavering back and forth about a decision that has to do with our moving soon. We don't know yet where we're going and so I cannot look for jobs or housing or.. anything. I can't even be a dork and look up the average weather or maps online. Last night as I was laying down to bed I just felt torn. Then I felt prompted to read Mark 15. It ended up being the crucifixion story, and I thought that was odd. However, I felt in my spirit that "I have done all of this, and risen from the dead; do you not think I can take care of you and things in your life?" I felt convicted of my unbelief but also so relieved that He is so faithful to take care of us. I think of the Hillsong lyric, "The same power that conquered the grave is in me...".

On my desk at school I have the memory verses for our Believing God study in a plastic sleeve. Guess what this week's verse is?

Hebrews 11:8 - "By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was going."

How interesting. I am having to step out in faith to make big decisions when we physically do not know where we are going. And it's not a matter of simply, "Oh, I think I'll try to let God take care of this one" and pass it off with a sigh and shake of the hand. It is a matter of obedience. Abraham obeyed. And he was blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment