Sunday, February 14

Bedtime Stories: Psalm 46:10

I really like how the NASB puts this verse:

"Cease {striving} and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Cease means to stop. Striving means, according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, "to devote serious effort or energy". So, stop devoting serious effort or attention. This psalm talks about the omnipotence of God.. the wonderful things He does and how nature "melts". Amazing. God is all-powerful and He literally holds the earth in the palm of His hand. So why do we try so hard in vain? We are called to know Him; that's all. Everything else falls into place.

On a side note, I realized yesterday or the day before how I am made in God's image. I was baking, cooking, knitting and starting on a sewing project all within a couple days' time. I like to create things and share them with people. Many times I do all those things for myself, but I really like to see people enjoy the things I've made. I am created in God's image because He also enjoys making things and sharing them with people. I felt.. accepted and part of a family when that dawned on me. But most of all I felt loved, that He would put a desire in me to create things, just like He does. [I am by no means equating myself with God, just drawing a similarity.]

Can I just sum things up right now with this picture? This is how I feel about the Lord.


The two things I've been praying for are these:

I want to fall in love with You!
I want to develop an unquenchable thirst for Your Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment